Tetrapotassium Pyrophosphate (TKPP)Tetrapotassium pyrophosphate (TKPP) is an emulsifier, dispersing agent, buffering agent and thickening agent, holding roles in cleaning, oil drilling, water treatment, boiler descaling and more.
A technical grade chemical potassium phosphate derivative, TKPP has excellent chelating capabilities. We are leading UK suppliers and distributors of bulk TKPP.
Cleaning Chemicals & Detergents
- A soap and detergent builder.
- A water softener and combines magnesium to sequester it from detergents.
- Used to reactivate detergents or soaps that have combined calcium to make insoluble scum
Oil & Gas
Used in the mining of ore and clay as well as an oil drilling fluid.
TKPP has a higher solubility in water treatment formulations than sodium derivatives.
- Used as both a corrosion and scale inhibitor in cooling tower water treatment processes.
- Paints and coatings: a levelling agent, sequestrant and pigment dispersant.
- Boiler descaling: ensuring that inefficiency, plugged tubes, under-deposit corrosion, hot spots caused by scale build up are avoided.
- Synthetic rubber production.
- Food & beverage: Widespread applications as a buffering agent, thickening agent, preservative, emulsifier and preservative being used to extend the shelf life of a variety of products.
Airedale Chemical: leading UK suppliers & distributors of tetrapotassium pyrophosphate
Solid TKPP comes as a white conglomerate or grain-like granule. As a liquid, it comes as a clear, odourless solution, highly soluble in water but insoluble in ethanol. To enquire about our TKPP and to discuss your requirements, send a message to our product experts today.
Tetrapotassium pyrophosphate’s uses: cleaning, water treatment, oil, gas & more
Holding wide-ranging applications, TKPP is often used as a highly-soluble, low-sodium and environmentally-friendly alternative to sodium acid pyrophosphate (SAPP, also known as sodium pyrophosphate).
- Cleaning — it is used as a soap and detergent builder, present in household and industrial cleaning compounds. TKPP is also a water softener, helping to combine magnesium to sequester it from detergents.
- Oil and gas — TKPP plays a role in the mining of ore and clay as well as oil drilling. It helps to disperse mud rings when water drilling and can act as a thinner before cementing casing.
- Water treatment — for systems where solid build-up is undesirable, TKPP can be used. It is able to inhibit corrosion and scale in cooling tower water treatment processes; the chemical has a higher solubility in water treatment formulations than sodium derivatives.
- Boiler descaling — similarly, TKPP can be used to help avoid problems associated with scale buildup — inefficiency, plugged tubes, under-deposit corrosion and hot spots.
- Paints & coatings — chemicals like TKPP can act as levelling agents, sequestrants and pigment dispersants.
- Food & beverage — as an additive, food grade TKPP is used as a buffering agent, thickening agent, preservative, emulsifier and preservative being used to extend the shelf life of a variety of products.
TKPP also holds a number of other uses, including in the production of synthetic rubber.
Looking for bulk tetrapotassium pyrophosphate (TKPP) for sale?
We have decades of experience supplying customers across the UK with bulk chemicals to suit their needs. Our technical grade TKPP is available in a range of sizes both as liquid and solid, with fast delivery courtesy of our dedicated distribution fleet.
To request a tetrapotassium pyrophosphate MSDS and for full details on safety precautions, storage and handling procedures, click the ‘Enquire now’ button below.
Our team of product experts can also be reached through our contact page, by phoning 01535 637 876 or by emailing email@example.com.
- CAS Number:
- EC Number:
- White powder
Available in the following sizes.