Deionised WaterDeionised water is a key component in many settings and processes. With fast, reliable delivery across the UK, we can supply deionised water in 25L, 200L, 1000L IBC and bulk transfer.
Cleaning Chemicals & Detergents
• Household appliances
• Reducing mineral scale build-up
• Pharmaceutical & cosmetics
• Freshwater and marine aquariums
• Lead acid batteries in cars and trucks
• Automotive cooling systems
• Cleaning & rinsing to avoid marks
• Fire extinguishers
We are leading UK suppliers, manufacturers & distributors of bulk deionised water for a range of industries
As its name suggests, deionised water is water that has had its ions removed. Clear, colourless and with no distinguishing odour, it is also commonly known as DI water and demineralised water.
We are a leading UK manufacturer and supplier of high-quality deionised water; our specification is in line with 1 microsiemens per centimetre.
Get in touch today to enquire.
Deionised water’s uses: pharmaceutical, cosmetic, manufacturing, laboratory & automotive
Purified of almost all mineral ions including chloride, copper, calcium, iron and sodium, deionised water can be important in environments where a high level of water purity is required.
- Laboratory & medical: Many laboratory settings have technical standards of water quality, for example when preparing chemicals and mixtures or testing substances for certain compounds.
- Pharmaceutical & cosmetic manufacture: For the production of cosmetics and pharmaceutical products, deionised water holds uses as a raw material, ingredient or solvent when processing, formulating or manufacturing.
- Manufacturing: When cooling and lubricating machinery, deionised water prevents the buildup of minerals like salt, as well as preventing interference caused by potential impurities.
- Automotive: Deionised water is used for flushing and topping up engine cooling systems; the low mineral content prevents scale buildup.
- Critical cleaning: Used in environments where the complete removal of certain undesirable contaminants is required, for example human medical devices, drugs as well as in cleanrooms.
Deionised water has many other, more niche applications including, but not limited to:
- Freshwater and marine aquariums: Deionised water is free of copper and chlorine, avoiding the buildup of algae on aquarium plants and keeping inhabitants free of disease.
- Household: Deionised water extends the life of household appliances like steam cleaners and humidifiers by stopping buildup of mineral scale and lime scale, as well as preventing stains or smears when rinsing cars, windows or other surfaces.
- Lead-acid batteries: Foreign ions can drastically shorten battery life; deionised water can prevent cells being eroded.
- Humidors: For preventing stored tobacco products from gathering bacteria, mould and contaminants, as well as preventing residue from forming on humidifier material.
- Fire extinguishers: Useful as a result of its low electronic conductivity.
Buy deionised water: 25L, 200L, 1000L IBC & bulk transfer available for quick UK delivery
At Airedale Chemical, we have almost five decades’ experience handling and supplying chemicals.
With leading distribution capabilities, we’re a trusted UK manufacturer and supplier of deionised water and can facilitate most order sizes to meet your needs, including bulk quantities.
Get in touch either through
- CAS Number:
- Clear, colourless
Available in the following sizes.