Chemical Contract Manufacturing
Partner with industry leaders for all your chemical production requirements. Our bespoke, four-step, certified contract manufacturing process meets the very highest standards of quality.
Also known as toll manufacturing, contract manufacturing (CM) is the outsourcing of a product’s manufacturing process to a third party. From one to 60 tonnes, we specialise in the contract manufacture of liquid chemical blends.
Meeting regulatory requirements is of the utmost importance. At our leading UK chemical development facilities, we hold both ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 certifications — a symbol of the quality and environmental standards we impose on all of our chemical manufacturing and distribution.
For the contract manufacturing of various reacted chemicals, we also have UK and EU REACH registration in place.
From discovery to delivery, our experienced, passionate and professional team will get to grips with all of your technical requirements, guaranteeing intellectual property confidentiality at every stage.
Why choose us for chemical contract manufacturing?
Contract (or toll) manufacturing has many advantages: it’s a flexible, dynamic, scalable and cost-effective way to meet your product requirements.
When it comes to choosing a toll manufacturer in the UK, here’s why you should place your trust in Airedale Chemical.
- Lower manufacturing costs: Save on large capital investment by taking advantage of our chemical manufacturing resources. Run a clear budget and eliminate the unexpected, expensive costs associated with having your own in-house facilities.
- Scalability and flexibility: Ramp up or scale back in line with your needs. We have the resources, facilities and capabilities to bespoke manufacture in volumes from one to 60 tonnes.
- Unrivalled technical insight: Benefit from the expertise, passion and knowledge of the Airedale Chemical team whilst freeing up more time and opportunities within your own organisation.
- Time-efficient: From chemical product discovery to delivery, we’ve iterated to the perfect CM process. Our resources are in place and at your disposal, drastically streamlining your time-to-market.
- Safeguarding your IP: Confidentiality is absolutely guaranteed and is at the heart of how we work; we’ll ensure you maintain exclusive control over all aspects of your product’s IP — ideas, products and processes. Breaches are a big concern for those contracting out their chemical manufacturing — we understand. We’re tried, tested and trusted by a range of clients.
- Excellent communication: We build a strong relationship with all clients, absorbing ourselves in every technical aspect of each project, working closely with you at all stages to ensure the perfect end product, first time — on budget and on schedule.
Through our decades of experience and expertise, we’ve developed a unique, four-stage CM process.
Stage 1 – Discovery
Discovery is about all theoretical aspects of the product formulation, raw materials and intended applications, informed by your formulas, frameworks, designs and ideas.
We can contract manufacture a range of liquid chemicals or powder to liquid chemicals:
- Cold blends and mixes
- Aqueous-based chemical solutions
- Acid blending
- Surfactant solutions
Based on evaluation we can also support some:
- High flash point chemistry
- Chemical Reaction based chemistry (with relevant REACH provided)
Stage 2 – Pilot
The detailed pilot stage of our contract chemical manufacturing process analyses everything from practical new product development (NPD), commercial viability to in-situ testing.
Our experienced team of skilled on-site technical specialists includes:
- 5 fully-qualified chemists, covering new product development & quality control
- 4 regulatory specialists including health and safety, compliance, quality and environmental expertise
Our leading chemical development facilities also include:
- Market-leading research & development labs
- Quality control facilities
- Formula benchmarking
- Chemical augmentation technology
- Full chemical sampling services
- Chemical application support
- Partnerships with external lab specialists
Stage 3 – Evaluate
This stage of the CM process is about understanding how Airedale Chemical and your manufactured chemical product have performed.
The objective of this stage: delivering a detailed, fully-comprehensive review of all aspects of the project including product formula, application performance, raw material assessment and production processes.
We encourage this stage to be driven by customer feedback, with the objective being to establish any improvements.
Excellent communication is at the heart of how we work and is why we’re trusted by so many customers to fulfil their contract chemical manufacturing needs.
Stage 4 – Deliver
Moving onto the safe packaging, labelling and distribution of your products, we pride ourselves on offering an industry-leading, complete end-to-end service.
Our production and storage capacities on-site include:
- 15 storage tanks — combined capacity of approx. 700,000 litres. Ranging from 20,000-120,000 litres.
- 5 mixing vessels — combined capacity of approx. 93,000 litres. Ranging from 4,000-44,000 litres.
- 5 reactor vessels — combined capacity of approx. 72,000 litres. Ranging from 10,000-20,000 litres.
- 9 warehouse locations totalling 78,000 sq. ft. 41,000 sq. ft. of this is temperature controlled.
When it comes to distribution, we cover all corners of the UK:
- Full UK-wide network facilitating our own fleet of 20 vehicles (8 Tankers / 12 Packaged).
We understand that the delivery of our customer’s end product is only the start of its journey. We continue monitoring production techniques, service levels and delivery timescales to encourage productive, effective long-term relationships.
Continuous improvement is at the heart of how we work.
Airedale Chemical: your UK chemical contract manufacturing partner
Through our trusted four-stage process, we’re proud to have become a leading UK contract and toll manufacturer of liquid chemicals.
Benefit from our decades of chemical expertise, leading manufacturing facilities and strict quality control practices.
Drop us an enquiry to discuss your toll manufacturing needs and requirements in more detail.